What documentation will I be required to provide when I retrieve the vehicle from the storage location?
Certain cities have different requirements; however, in general, you will need the following documentation:
- Title, current registration or rental agreement to prove ownership/agency.
If a person other than the registered owner is retrieving the vehicle, that person will need the following:
- An official government photo ID and/or a valid driver’s license.
- A signed and notarized statement from the registered owner granting permission for the named individual to retrieve the vehicle.
- A photocopy of the registered owner’s official government photo ID.
- A photocopy of the title or current registration.
- Payment by one of the accepted methods of payment.
The vehicle will be delivered to the public right of way. It is important that you bring all necessary equipment to haul your vehicle away if it is not drivable. You will not be permitted to bring tools with you and work on the vehicle at the tow yard for liability reasons.
You will be asked to sign a receipt for the vehicle being claimed. The receipt should contain the following:
- The name and address of the claimant/registered owner.
- The name, address and letterhead of the private towing carrier.
- The date and time at which the vehicle was claimed.
- A description, including the license number, of the claimed vehicle.
- A statement of the unpaid balance, if any.